Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Kay Warren's Choose Joy ~ Reviewed


Choose Joy
Kay Warren
Hardcover: 259 pages
Publisher: Revell (April 1, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0800721721



Description:


Everyone knows how to be joyful in the peaks of life.

I've graduated!
I'm engaged!
I've been hired!
I'm having a baby!
I'm cancer-free!

When all your fondest hopes and wildest dreams come true, and your heart nearly explodes with happiness, it's easy to feel joyful.

 

But what about the valleys? When nothing seems to go your way? When everything is falling apart? When God is silent, and you feel all alone?
 

Where does joy fit into those moments?
 

In Choose Joy, acclaimed author and Christian leader Kay Warren shares the path to experiencing soul-satisfying joy no matter what you're going through. Joy is deeper than happiness, lasts longer than excitement, and is more satisfying than pleasure and thrills. Joy is richer. Fuller. And it's far more accessible than you've thought.
 

Joy comes from God . . . and it can be yours! Today.


Review:



“Joy is the settled assurance that God is in control of all the details of my life, the quiet confidence that ultimately everything Is going to be alright, and the determined choice to praise God in all things.” (p. 31)

 

Kay Warren uses this definition of joy throughout this amazing book to show readers that joy – real, lasting joy, doesn’t depend on our circumstances, but rather who God is and what Christ has done to redeem us from sin and ourselves. Using personal experiences and examples, and a very honest voice, Warren teaches some very powerful truths from God’s Word. This is, as I’ve already stated, an amazing book!
 

Once again, a God appointment in my life, I’ve learned some very solid truths about God, and some very unflattering things about my own spiritual condition. I’m just being honest. But there is HOPE! God is working in my heart and teaching me things – growing me in my faith – and drawing me closer to Him. I am learning what God’s definition of joy is in a very real way.
 

My highlighter and Bible were employed throughout this wonderful book, and I will be re-reading very soon! We serve an amazing God, folks! He can bring joy into your life that the world can never change. Praise HIM!!!

Needless to say, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK!! It’s amazing! Be blessed!!


Reviewed by: Kim Ford

No comments: