Monday, February 20, 2012

Tracey Bateman's Tandem ~ Reviewed


By Tracey Bateman
Published by Waterbrook
ISBN# 978-0-307-45717-2
312 Pages

Book Blurb:

As obsession and loss become dark partners, how far must the people of Abbey Hills go to survive?

Six months ago, brutal murders shook the small Ozark town—murders that stopped after a house fire reportedly claimed the killer’s life. Lauryn McBride's family auction house has taken responsibility for the estate sale of one of the victims—the enigmatic Markus Chisom. Submerging herself in Chisom’s beautiful but strange world, Lauryn welcomes the reprieve from watching Alzheimer’s steal her father from her, piece by piece. She soon realizes that centuries-old secrets tie Abbey Hills to the Chisom estate and a mysterious evil will do anything to make sure those secrets stay hidden. Even the man who grew up loving her may not be able to protect Lauren from the danger.

When Amede Dastillon receives an unexpected package from Abbey Hills, she hopes it might be the key in tracking down her beloved sister, long estranged from her family. Visiting Abbey Hills seems the logical next step in her search, but Amede is unusually affected by the town, and when mutilated carcasses begin turning up again in the small community, the local law enforcement isn’t sure if they are confronting a familiar evil or a new terror.

Two women brought together by questions that seem to have no answers. Can they overcome the loss and darkness threatening to devour them—or will their own demons condemn them to an emotional wasteland?

REVIEW:

I’m thankful for the review copy of Tandem, I had read Thirsty and looked forward to reading the sequel. I also enjoyed that this second book had the same setting as the first book. The town had been peaceful for a few years but now Ozark has had some gruesome killings, the community was on high alert.. Bloody animal and human bodies have been discovered. This small town remembers all to well what happened the last time bloodied bodies like this were found. Fear runs ram pet through the community. They all hope the nightmare isn’t starting again.

Tandem has a few more characters in it than Thirsty, and brought more of the vampire element into the story line. The author grabbed my attention from the start but along the way I became disturbed by the segments where the author dealt with a women being tortured. Those parts became difficult for me to read. I was fearful this book would become too graphic for me to read. I’m a chicken at heart and don’t normally read books like this. I like Tracey Bateman and the books she’s written in the past very much. I wanted to read this series because I was curious to see what she’d do with a vampire topic.

I’m not a vampire book reader. I’ve read four in all. This series hasn’t made me rush out and read more vampire stories. My conclusion is I’m not a vampire fan. Good news is that I am a Tracy Bateman fan and will continue to read her books. I like the authors writing but not the subject matter of this book.

Reviewed by: Nora St.Laurent


No comments: