Friday, August 06, 2010

Lori Copeland's A Kiss for Cade ~ Reviewed


A Kiss for Cade, Western Sky Series #2
By: Lori Copeland
Number of Pages: 275
Vendor: Harvest House Publishers
Publication Date: 2010
ISBN-13: 9780736927635

Description:

Famous bounty hunter Cade Kolby is forced off the trail to decide the fate of his late sister's orphaned children. He's not just returning to his hometown and nieces and nephews, but also to the fiery redhead he loved and left 17 years ago.

The last person Zoe Bradshaw wants to see is Cade. She tries to be cool and polite, even as the attraction between them flares up again. Only this time, Zoe is determined to not let Cade get close to her heart. But the townsfolk have other ideas. They want to see the little orphans with a mother and a father, and they form a plan that includes the possibility of a kiss...

Review:

The romance that makes you squirm at the characters and scream at their blind spots for love makes me smile when I read it in a book. Much in the way that I enjoy the comedy and romance of Mary Connealy, I really enjoyed this story from Lori Copeland. I have read some of her other new books such as those from Avon Inspire and enjoy them. Yet this series from Harvest House is even better.

A Kiss for Cade is the second book in The Western Sky Series, but the first one for me, and now I...more The romance that makes you squirm at the characters and scream at their blind spots for love makes me smile when I read it in a book. Much in the way that I enjoy the comedy and romance of Mary Connealy, I really enjoyed this story from Lori Copeland. I have read some of her other new books such as those from Avon Inspire and enjoy them. Yet this series from Harvest House is even better.

A Kiss for Cade is the second book in The Western Sky Series, but the first one for me, and now I'll have to go find a copy of Outlaw's Bride because I enjoyed this one so much. Cade is not sure what his future will be, but with the death of his sister and forced return to the people of his past things are even more confusing. This is a story that brings out the pain and pressure of Zoe's early years, but realizes after fighting it that God is in control and will make things work out in his own time.

The thrill of a bounty hunter's life with a show down on the streets with the madness of the town taking over one's romantic future is an amusing tale that will entertain you and cause inward sighs. Lori Copeland did well in this novel. It is a great one to enjoy around the romance of Valentine's Day or anytime. Snuggled in your favorite reading spot, you'll be swept away into a western romance that will keep you feeling the love long after you turned the last page.

More please.

Reviewed by: Margaret Chind

No comments: