Friday, June 04, 2010

Tamara Leigh's Nowhere Carolina ~ Reviewed




Nowhere, Carolina

Tamara Leigh

Paperback: 384 pages

Publisher: Multnomah Books; 1 edition (May 18, 2010)

ISBN-10: 1601421672


Back Cover:

Maggie Pickwick is a lifetime away from her days as head cheerleader and the mistakes she made in high school. Twelve years later, this single mom has traded pompoms for an auctioneer’s gavel, popularity for peace and quiet, and strives to be a good example for her daughter Devyn. She’s keeping it together just fine, too—until an old flame moves back to her little North Carolina town.

Renowned artist Reece Thorpe wants nothing to do with Maggie—not after what she did to him in high school—but he might also be Devyn’s father. Fed by her own pride and fear for her daughter’s happiness, Maggie finds herself on a slippery slope of white lies as she attempts to convince Reece that she’s changed. But the truth has a way of making itself known, and now Maggie’s past and present mistakes could ruin her chance at love.

Review:

Nothing brings me more delight than to pick up a brand new Tamara Leigh novel because I know that in the pages I will find enchanting characters, a meaningful story with an uplifting message and Tamara's distinctive and intelligent humor. Nowhere, Carolina steps it up a notch with Maggie struggling to make amends for her wild and defiant youth, determined to prove she is now a responsible mother and member of the Pickwick community. The return of her high school sweetheart, Reece Thorpe brings Maggie's past mistakes into dramatic focus leaving her dissembling in a misguided effort to protect her daughter, Devyn. Honest, witty and captivating, Tamara's first person voice is unparalleled in Christian publishing and I can't wait to read more of her stories.

Reviewed by: Rel Mollet




BONUS REVIEW:

Leaving Carolina: A Novel was my first real introduction to author Tamara Leigh and I was left eagerly awaiting the second in the series Nowhere, Carolina: A Novel. Now having finished this book I cannot wait for the next adventure in the Pickwick cousin's lives with Bridget's story, coming 2011.

Once again I giggled and in a feminine way I declare I chuckled. Maggie Pickwick is a grown up moving each day beyond what she once was and in a humiliatingly humorous fashion she attempts t...more Leaving Carolina: A Novel was my first real introduction to author Tamara Leigh and I was left eagerly awaiting the second in the series Nowhere, Carolina: A Novel. Now having finished this book I cannot wait for the next adventure in the Pickwick cousin's lives with Bridget's story, coming 2011.

Once again I giggled and in a feminine way I declare I chuckled. Maggie Pickwick is a grown up moving each day beyond what she once was and in a humiliatingly humorous fashion she attempts to be the good Christian she knows that she now is and hide secrets. Each chapter was better than the last and I was on the edge of my seat curious about who the true father was. I think that this is a great story for redemption in admitting a sin that was and turning it for something good.

I highly recommend this adventure in the wacky lives of the Pickwick family from Pickwick, North Carolina and encourage you to read the first book as well although this one would stand alone quite nicely.

Reviewed by: Margaret Chind

No comments: