Monday, May 24, 2010

Vicki Hinze's Forget Me Not ~ Reviewed



FORGET ME NOT
By Vicki Hinze
Published by Multnomah
ISBN# 978-1-60142-205-7
335 Pages


Back Cover:

A mysterious incident leaves Susan Brandt dead---and her husband, Ben, devastated. Three years later, a similar accident occurs. The victim looks exactly like his late wife and carries Susan's name on a crisis center's card---but this woman survives. When somebody wants her dead, will Ben risk his life and his heart to save her?


REVIEW:

Buckle-up as you prepare to read Vicki Hinze’s first Christian Fiction suspenseful adventure, Forget Me Not. I was so thankful to receive a review copy of this book.

I was hooked from the very first chapter as a murder, then a carjacking takes place and the main character is left for dead. The main character is running for her life and wakes up in the woods, badly beaten. A Good Samaritan arrives and helps her to the Crossroads Crisis Center. One problem - this isn’t a medical facility and the woman doesn’t know who she is! Weirder still...she discovers at the center that she looks very similar to Susan Brandt, founder of the Crossroads Crisis Center.

“The main character says to Ben Brandt, (the founders husband)—who hasn’t treated her nice, “Someone wants me dead and I have no idea why!...I intend to find out who I am and I hope that includes insight into your wife and son’s murder…If you want me to share what I learn, then you need to adjust your attitude toward me, because I’ve tolerated all the indignity and disrespect from you I’m going to.”

Vicki’s characters grabbed my heart and attention from the start. I could feel the main character's pain, relate to their spiritual struggle and followed the plot twists closely as she revealed surprising details and turns that shed light into her situation. I had no idea how all the pieces would be put together; it definitely kept me reading!

The author writes the story from the view of the young woman who has amnesia. The reader discovers, along with the girl, about her life has it unfolds. This story is full of intriguing plot twists that got more intriguing with every page I read. Vicki is a master at weaving a surprising plot, with rich characters you instantly care about—I enjoyed the main character’s spiritual journey and how she listened to the Holy Spirit to guide her.


Reviewed by: Nora St. Laurent
ACFW Book Club Coordinator

2 comments:

rbooth43 said...

I love a book full of intriguing plot twists and Forget Me Not sounds like such a book. I have always enjoyed Vicki Hinze's Christian Fiction novels, and her first suspense adventure will be on my TBR list.
Thanks!

rbooth43(at)yahoo(dot)com

Vicki Hinze said...

I just saw your review on Novel Reviews. THANK YOU, Nora. You made my day!

Blessings,

Vicki