Friday, July 19, 2013

Dee Henderson's Jennifer ~ Reviewed


By Dee Henderson
Published by Bethany House
ISBN#978-0-7642-1112-6
155 Pages

Back Cover: 

It's a summer of change for Jennifer O'Malley. The busy physician has a pediatrics practice in Dallas, and meeting Tom Peterson, and falling in love, is adding a rich layer to her life. She's sorting out how to introduce him to her family--she's the youngest of seven--and thinking about marriage.

She's falling in love with Jesus too, and knows God is good. But that faith is about to be tested in a way she didn't expect, and the results will soon transform her entire family.

Review: 

I’m thankful for the review copy of a fun and touching love story. I enjoyed this novel very much. I got to know Jennifer O’Malley and got a peek into what her family members were like. I was clueless because I hadn’t read any of the O’Malley series yet. I did read Full-Disclosure and got another peek at the O’Malley’s there.

This is story introduces the reader to two very busy Doctors and how they meet. Jennifer and Tom seem to run into each at the hospital Tom started to work at. They can’t seem to find time to meet out side of work so they go with getting to know each on their breaks and in between shifts.  I enjoyed getting to know Jennifer and Tom. It was interesting to hear about the work each did.

The following statement is in the author’s notes to readers, “Jennifer’s story continues throughout the O’Malley series. Her arrival in Chicago, as well as Tom joining her for the fourth of July family gathering, can be found in the Negotiator, Book one!”

I work at a book store so I went to the shelf and flipped through the Negotiator and looked for Jennifer’s name. I didn’t see her name much. When I looked at the back it said that it was Kate O’Malley’s story. Oh, man! I didn’t have time to read the whole series right now. Grin!

If you’ve read the entire series you’ll be thrilled to learn more about Jennifer and discover how she and Tom met. This will be a fulfilling story to you. I’ve talked to people who have read the series and they said they didn’t get to know Jennifer all that well in the series. So, this is a great addition to you if you’ve read the O’Malley series. If you haven’t read the O’Malley series like me, you’ll be left hanging. Jennifer is a good story and should be read but after you has read the O’Malley series. It will mean more and the ending will be satisfying. Now you know what books to put on your summer reading list! Grin!

Reviewed by: Nora St.Laurent
TBCN Where Book Fun Begins

No comments: