Monday, December 10, 2012

Annie Wald's Walk With Me ~ Reviewed

WALK WITH ME 
Annie Wald
Format: Paperback
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: River North
Publication Date: 2012

ISBN: 0802405932

Description:

Walk with Me is a "Pilgrim's Progress" for married couples. In this allegorical tale, Peter and Celeste travel as one on the lifelong journey to the King's City. As it becomes more difficult than anticipated, their love for each other and their love for the King is challenged. They must decide whether to continue on the journey together or separate and travel the path alone.

Review:                

Walk With Me is the Pilgrim’s Progress for married couples.  It tells the story of Celeste and Peter.  Celeste is from a non-Christian home who desires to know the Lord and decides to follow the path to the “King’s City.”  Peter has grown up in a legalistic home and also leaves to follow the path to the “King’s City.”  Along the way, they meet each other and marry.  The story uses allegory to describe the trials and joys married couples go through in this life.

I’m not sure how to better describe the story line.  I really didn’t think I would be able to get into this book at all, but I ended up loving it.  The author did such a good job of using allegory to portray what obstacles married couples go through.  Even now, talking about it, I want to read it again.  This is a poor review for such a great book, but I just don’t know how else to describe it.  I HIGHLY recommend it.  It really made me take a look at myself as a wife and realize the things I need to work on.  Please read this book.  You won’t regret it.
 
Reviewed by: Sarah Meyers

No comments: