Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Amanda Cabot's Tomorrow's Garden ~ Reviewed



Tomorrow's Garden: A Novel (Texas Dreams)
Amanda Cabot
Paperback
Publisher: Revell (April 1, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 9780800733261

Description:


Harriet Kirk is certain that becoming Ladreville's schoolteacher is just what she needs--a chance to put the past behind her and give her younger siblings a brighter tomorrow. What
Harriet Kirk is certain that becoming Ladreville's schoolteacher is just what she needs--a chance to put the past behind her and give her younger siblings a brighter tomorrow. What she didn't count on was the presence of handsome former Texas Ranger Lawrence Wood--or the way he slowly but surely claims her fragile heart. But can Harriet and Lawrence ever truly put the past behind them in order to find happiness?


Review:

Tomorrow's Garden is the final installment in Amanda Cabot's Texas Dreams trilogy, set in the French/German town of Ladreville, a community steeped in European ways striving to make sense of their American home. Amanda infuses her story with a determined heroine and a compassionate hero, both dealing with past tragedies that impact their behavior, recalcitrant siblings, inquisitive neighbors and danger in the form of a jilted suitor. Unfortunately, I found it difficult to warm to Harriet and felt the book foundered a little in the middle, which impacted my enjoyment of the story. That said, I appreciated how Harriet's defiant brother Jake is drawn, as he struggles authentically with his new found circumstances. While Tomorrow's Garden is not my favorite Cabot story, it may be yours so if you love a sweet romance be sure to look it up.

Reviewed by: Rel Mollet



Bonus Review

Overall I am delighted to meet the imaginative mind of Amanda Cabot within her new Christian Historical Fiction books this one was not my favorite in the series. Yet that all relies on the fact that the main character of Harriett was so difficult to like, which shows that she was complex. There were just so many things about her that made me want to scream. With that said, otherwise I love the series and story behind it all and cannot wait to read the new series starting next year (2012) based in Wyoming. I think that will be fabulous and a different setting than I am used to.

Through out the story I could not guess what would come next, but my interest was peeked and the pages kept turning. I highly recommend this read as I am sure will recommend the entire series.

*Thanks to Revell Books for providing a copy for review.*

Reviewed by: Margaret Chind

No comments: