Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Yvonne Harris's The Vigilante's Bride ~ Reviewed


The Vigilante's Bride
by Yvonne Harris
Bethany House, 2010
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0764208047


Description:

Robbing a stagecoach on Christmas Eve and kidnapping a woman passenger is the last thing Luke Sullivan expects to do. He just wanted to reclaim the money stolen from him, but ends up with a feisty copperhaired orphan thrown over his shoulder who was on her way to marry Sullivan's bitter enemy. Emily McCarthy is an orphan out of options. Forced to marry because she was too old for her orphanage, she doesn't take kindly to her "rescue." Still she trusts God can turn any situation to good especially when it seems Sullivan may just be the man of her dreams. But Sullivan's crossed a dangerous man unused to losing and Emily may just be the prize he's unwilling to sacrifice.

Review:

I love this book, as in love love love this book. The Vigilante's Bride is my first experience with author Yvonne Harris and you better believe it will not be my last. The romance in verbiage and actions is palpable and beautiful. If you know any of my taste in books, you know that I love Mary Connealy and Tracie Peterson and even though Yvonne's book is slightly shorter, she's right up there in my favoritism. I can hardly put the book down, and then when I think I've only been reading for a short time, I'm shocked that another hundred pages have gone by.

Bethany House has a winner with this author and I cannot wait for more. The bad guys are real and evil. I'm tense with anxiety and delight. Chill bumps greet me with the since of new found love and the hope for a future and better opportunities for all is heart warming. It makes my heart smile.

*Thanks to Bethany House for providing a copy for review through the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance.*

Reviewed by: Margaret Chind

No comments: