Monday, September 13, 2010

Dawn Miller's The Prophecy ~ Reviewed


The Prophecy
Dawn Miller
Reading level: Young Adult
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Zondervan (April 9, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0310714338

Description:

Remember these words well. It's only a thin veil that separates them from our world. As time grows near, they will return to make their war upon mankind. They will torment, attack, and cause destruction on this planet. They will never hunger; they will never sleep. They will walk amongst us unseen. Invisible to all but those born to see. And each generation of five that sees shall endure more than the last. But the final generation of Watchers will not only endure, not only watch... ...THEY WILL FIGHT.

Review:

On the cover of this book there is a sticker that states "Guaranteed Good Read". Well they got that right! Dawn Miller is a new author to me, but I am not disappointed. I am very much a fan now. This book was incredible. Everything was easy to visualize and I felt the action and emotions as if I were there right along with the characters. It reminded me partially of that TV movie based on a book Fallen-something. But it was so much better. On the back cover it says that she is working ...more On the cover of this book there is a sticker that states "Guaranteed Good Read". Well they got that right! Dawn Miller is a new author to me, but I am not disappointed. I am very much a fan now. This book was incredible. Everything was easy to visualize and I felt the action and emotions as if I were there right along with the characters. It reminded me partially of that TV movie based on a book Fallen-something. But it was so much better. On the back cover it says that she is working on making this into graphic novel and feature film and oh that just gives me chill bumps I am so eager for it.


This is a story of entertainment, but it is with a great topic that breathes through every page. This is a book about faith. Faith when it is difficult and hard. Listening for God in all situations and living your life accordingly to his word and will. I am surprised at just how much I enjoyed this book. Though it is marketed for young adults, I think anyone could appreciate the story. The characters are teens/early twenties and far from perfect. But faith is a budding things in progress and I can see plausible redemption for all of them eventually. Taking the broken and putting them into a form of healing, the prophecy will bring them together and possibly keep them together.

Oh what will come in the rest of the series!

Reviewed by: Margaret Chind

No comments: