Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tracie Peterson's Twilight's Serenade ~ Reviewed


Twilight's Serenade (Song of Alaska Series, Book 3)
Tracie Peterson
Paperback: 334 pages
Publisher: Bethany House (August 1, 2010)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0764201530

Description:

Britta Lindquist left Sitka six years ago in an attempt to distance herself from the love of her life, Yuri Belikov. Upon her return, she finds Yuri absent and his wife about to deliver a child. When tragic circumstances ensue, Britta suddenly finds herself caring for Yuri's children--and her life intertwining with the man she's tried so hard to forget. But Britta's other great love is for the violin, and her talent is recognized by Brenton Maltese, a conductor from England. He proposes she accept the coveted first chair position in his orchestra...and also his hand in marriage. At a crossroads, Britta must determine what her heart truly longs for--and if she's willing to fight for it.


Review:

I love historical fiction from Tracie Peterson and I love her books set in Alaska, but I did not love this book. It was okay. It was the third and final book in the Song of Alaska series, not really a generation later, but almost it continued the story of Britta, the daughter of our protagonist from the first book, Dawn's Prelude and the sister of our main character from the second book in the series, Morning's Refrain, both of which I loved. Even though this was not my favorite read from Tracie, I still will buy just about anything she writes in the historical genre.

Britta fell in love with Yuri in the second novel at the age of seven after a terrifying event. In this novel she attempts to be patient and let things go in the timing of God, but I felt that she was very forceful and whiny just about the entire book and she bothered me greatly. Yuri has a painful past that keeps pulling him back from aspiring to be a good Christian man which was real and made for a good plot that anyone can relate to. I just had serious issues with Britta stating that she was timid in a way and then forcing her way upon various people. I'm not sorry I read this one, but I did not like it much.

*Thanks to Bethany House for providing a copy for review
through the Christian Fiction Blog Alliance.*


Reviewed by: Margaret Chind

No comments: