Friday, July 30, 2010

Sharon Gillenwater's Jenna's Cowboy ~ Reviewed




Jenna's Cowboy, The Callahans of Texas Series #1
By: Sharon Gillenwater
Format: Paperback
Number of Pages: 352
Vendor: Revell
Publication Date: 2009
ISBN: 0800733533

Description:

When Jenna Callahan's father sent Nate Langley away years ago, she never expected to see him again. But now he's back in town, and their attraction is as strong as ever. Will Nate be able to heal from the horrors he witnessed during two tours of military duty and become the man he believes Jenna deserves? 352 pages, softcover from Revell.

Review:

It is plain to see in reading this story that Sharon Gillenwater is good at her research and explains things very well. I know nothing about ranching or farming, but I felt from the explanations and pictures drawn by her imagery were great. I thoroughly enjoyed the romance of the story and the cover is perfect for the character of Nate. While reading this book I was thinking about the different things that I was going to say in the review about how much I enjoyed the characters and the visualizations as well as their witty banter. Easily I could say that I enjoy this author and look forward to reading her books in the future. However, I felt that the last three chapters were such a lurch from the rest of the story. Perhaps I am on my own in that opinion, but I felt that it went in rather abruptly and then the story just ended. I know why "it" happened and understand that, but I feel that the "big event" could have had more closure. It felt to me that the story was going along great, and then just amidst the action it ended and did not wrap down. It leaves me feeling like I missed something and I think could have ended better. Overall great writing though and enjoyable.

Reviewed by: Margaret Chind

No comments: