Thursday, July 22, 2010

Evans's and Hauck's The Sweet By and By ~ Reviewed



The Sweet By and By, Songbird Series #1
By: Sara Evans, Rachel Hauck
Number of Pages: 272
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2009
ISBN: 1595544895

Description:

Jade Fitzgerald and Max Benson find their wedding day fast approaching with all the assorted relatives, and past baggage along with the joy, of their special day. Jade thought she left her past behind a decade ago, but when her gypsy-like mother, Beryl Hill, shows up with her younger sister, Jade's old insecurities come barreling to the surface. Can God's grace help to mend her family's broken hearts and somehow meet in the middle before it's too late?

Review:

Rachel Hauck is a favorite author and I absolutely love her Sweet Caroline and Love Starts with Elle, however this book I do not love. I like this book and it is interesting and entertaining, but it is not quite my cup of tea. I could not really relate to the characters personally and it made it hard for me to enjoy it. I could easily see this story being a Hallmark film and would definitely watch it and encourage others to do so as well, it is just not a favorite.

Reviewed by: Margaret Chind

No comments: