Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Leah Starr Baker's Bunko Babes ~ Reviewed



Bunko Babes
By Leah Starr Baker
Published by Emerald Pointe Books
ISBN: 0-97851-375-4

Description:

A refreshingly, real look at the transforming power of true friendship.

It is called, "The Bunko Babes" and anyone who has ever awaken at the crack of dawn, cooked breakfast, clothes an army, run errands, forgotten the dry cleaning, lost the cell phone, played chauffeur to three rowdy boys, cooked dinner, taken on the role of nursemaid, while trying to be as enticing as a French Maid to your husband, then this is the book for you!

Review:

The title intrigued me. I've played Bunko once and didn't want to come home. The back cover grabbed me. I have great friends and I enjoy my girlfriends. The Bunko Babes celebrates those friendships. With characters that take on life, I was completely immersed in the story of these women from page one and didn't stop reading until I turned the last page. I felt like I was part of their circle, another friend.

Well written and slightly reminiscent (and only because of the close friendships) of The Sister Circle, The Bunko Babes is a rollicking story of friendship. But don't be fooled. It contains some deep truths, revealing people who hurt. But it also reveals the sustaining power of loving friendships and restorative power of forgiveness. If you have girlfriends like that, you'll love this book. I give it a high recommendation.

Reviewed by Ane Mulligan
http://www.anemulligan.com

No comments: