Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lena Nelson Dooley's Maggie's Journey ~ Reviewed


Maggie's Journey (McKenna's Daughters)
Lena Nelson Dooley
Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: Realms (October 4, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1616383585

Description:

Near her eighteenth birthday, Margaret Lenora Caine finds a chest hidden in the attic containing proof that she's adopted. The spoiled daughter of wealthy merchants in Seattle, she feels betrayed by her real parents and by the ones who raised her. But mystery surrounds her new discovery, and when Maggie uncovers another family secret, she loses all sense of identity. Leaving her home in Seattle, Washington, Maggie strikes out to find her destiny. Will Charles Stanton, who's been in love with her for years, be able to help her discover who she really is?


Review:

A few years ago I read my first novel with seasoned author Lena Nelson Dooley in her Love Finds You in Golden, New Mexico and enjoyed it beginning to end. Again with Maggie's Journey I enjoyed it from the first page and I am uber eager to read more as it comes in the rest of the series.

Of course I'm always a fan of characters that are named Margaret, as I'm a Margaret. But I enjoyed the personality of the characters. The growth that both Maggie and Charles had to endure. It brings a real relative light on the emotional aspects and aftermath of what the turmoil of the Oregon Trail may have left for the next generation. I think the entire series will be thoroughly entertaining and I cannot wait for more.

*Thanks to Realms, Charisma Media for providing a copy for review through the FIRST Wild Card Tours.*

Reviewed by: Margaret Chind

No comments: