Monday, September 19, 2011

Susan May Warren's My Foolish Heart ~ Reviewed


By Susan May Warren
Published by Tyndale
ISBN# 978-1-4143-3482-0
321 Pages


Description:

Unknown to her tiny town of Deep Haven, Isadora Presley spends her nights as Miss Foolish Heart, the star host of a syndicated talk radio show. Millions tune in to hear her advice on dating and falling in love, unaware that she’s never really done either. Issy’s ratings soar when it seems she’s falling in love on-air with a caller. A caller she doesn’t realize lives right next door.

Caleb Knight served a tour of duty in Iraq and paid a steep price. The last thing he wants is pity, so he hides his disability and moves to Deep Haven to land his dream job as the high school football coach. When his beautiful neighbor catches his eye, in a moment of desperation he seeks advice from My Foolish Heart, the show that airs before his favorite sports broadcast.

Before he knows it, Caleb finds himself drawn to the host—and more confused than ever. Is his perfect love the woman on the radio . . . or the one next door?


Review:

Just finished reading two suspense stories by Susan Warren and couldn’t wait to read another book by Susan! Point of No Return and Mission out of Control were so good I couldn’t wait for the review copy of this book.

The story starts out with a bang! A serious car crash happens right in front of the main character’s house! Issy starts to panic. Memories of her deadly car crash start flooding her emotions and remind her why she hasn’t stepped out of her house in two years.

Susan has several lovable, colorful, and wounded characters in this story. One of them is Caleb Knight who’s just moved to town and is seeking the football coaching position. He happens to live next to Issy who’s trapped in her house. He’s been wounded in war and knows all too well about disappointments. But he’s a fighter. He says to her, “We all could be trapped in our past if it wasn’t for the perfect love of God – He’s the only one that can set us free- My injury made me work harder and think about my life and how I wanted to live. It made me see God spared me. And it made me reach beyond myself.”

Susan May Warren is a very talented and creative author that has the skill to write in many different genres so well. She has the ability to make your heart race in the suspense-mystery books she writes. Then she has you feel the pain, have compassion for the characters in My Foolish Heart and cheer for the cast as they let God heal their hearts, set them free and help them live beyond what they thought they were capable of. I really enjoyed My Foolish Heart, its characters, their situations and the strong believable spiritual thread. It was humorous, hopeful and an inspiring read. I’ll definitely be reading more of Susan’s books in the future!

Reviewed by: Nora St.Laurent

No comments: