Friday, October 15, 2010

Kristen Heitzmann's The Rose Legacy ~ Reviewed




The Rose Legacy, Diamond of the Rockies Series #1 (rpkgd)
By: Kristen Heitzmann
More in Diamond of the Rockies Series
Bethany House / 2009 / Paperback
ISBN: 076420713X


Description:


Driven by hope and vengeance Carina Maria DeGarcia, an Italian heiress, sets out for a new life in a Colorado mining town. But she soon finds out the "dream house" she purchased through the mail is already inhabited and the town called the "diamond of the Rockies" is anything but luxurious. Two men vie for her trust, but neither is what he seems. Will Carina learn the truth--and confront the deep secrets hidden in her heart--in time to prevent tragedy?

Review:

My introduction to Kristen Heitzmann was through her most recent contemporary romantic suspense novel The Edge of Recall and I loved it. When I found out that she also had previously written a series in my favorite genre of Christian Historical Fiction I added it to my TBR list. Then I discovered that Bethany House was going to re-release the series with beautiful new covers and I could not wait to get my hands on the series! After reading the first novel, I am glad that I did. Originally published in 2000, now being re-released in 2010.

Carina Maria DiGratia is a high class Italian transplanted with her family to Sonoma, California. After her heart is broken, she runs away to make someone work for her love. It is after she gets to her destination that she starts a journey of learning that maybe it is God's will but for different reasons than her own. Through this story we get to know Carina and also a less likely character of Quillan. Getting to know his history explains some of her own and God is definitely working in Carina's life in mysterious ways.

This is a story of romance, redemption, vengeance and love. It ends with a string that causes a reader to have to get the next book and on the edge of your seat you want to know what comes next. I recommend this story, and I'm certain will recommend the series.

Reviewed by: Margaret Chind

No comments: